Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Such A Diva

"Diva" bases were among some of the first bases that I tried after my first go with Silents. There were whole forums dedicated to diva dolls. To be honest, I think that I recall that there was a lot of controversy over where the original diva bases came from. It seems like there were more than a few who claimed to be the original artist, and several places that distributed them. In my mind, Diva bases could have been the ones to kick-start dolling into high gear.

The last place that I remember getting Diva bases were from Silly Janine. Here is the sad part - a lot of the old doll sites are down, and when I Googled "Diva Dollz," all I came up with is a shop for women's apparel and a bunch of images that didn't relate.

I think I would still like to shop at Diva Dollz though... maybe I'll look them up some day.

Here are a few retired Divas. Their little faces remind me a lot of the "Bratz" dolls which were also becoming pretty popular at the time.


 I always liked trying to make elves. Second to that came my love of making favorite movie characters, like LeeLoo, from The 5th Element movie.
I was also a big admirer of Lisa Lopes from TLC and was so sad when she died in that terrible car accident, I was inspired to make something special about her.


On some forum or another, the challenge was to make three Divas for a pageant, so here is one in swim wear, evening wear, and casual. Fun huh?



Around that time came the idea of making dolls for your "sister" sites. One of my first sister sites was Sully. I don't know what has become of Sully, but maybe my blogging will help me to get back in touch with some of my old online friends. Who knows?
Finally, I discovered "Animation Shop" which was part of my Paint Shop software, and that is when I really got hooked. Making animations kind of became a way for my pixels to stand apart from others, and that is what I started to focus on. More about that, tomorrow. :)


Did you ever play Dance Dance Revolution?
I loved it. But I was terrible at it. Go figure. :)

How about Beyonce - I loved the character she played in the Austin Powers movie. Can't remember which one that was.

A little good witch?
A little more Lisa "Left Eye"


Until next time! Live long, and prosper!





No comments: